Salary commensurate with the experience
Full-time or Part-time
At Best Care Animal Hospital, we’re here to take care of pets’ wellness and urgent care needs. Our hospital is open to serve our clients whenever they need us, so a client can walk in any time during our office hours to receive important treatment for their loving pet. We are open 7 days a week and closed on national holidays. Our vision is to treat pets when they need us the most.OUR CORE VALUES
- Being committed to all of our clients and patients’ health care needs
- Answering all questions and giving owners peace of mind
- Providing high-quality, convenient care when it is needed most
- Being a cost-effective alternative to the ER
- Performing every service with compassion
Best Care Animal Hospital in Matthews, North Carolina, is looking for an individual with an RVT License and a minimum of 1 year of experience.SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with the experience and excellent benefits package towards Health Insurance and Retirement benefits.
- Employee Discounts with Paid vacation
- At Best Care Animal Hospital, you can be yourself and provide exceptional care for the pets with minimal supervision. Your job satisfaction is our goal.
- Best Care Animal Hospital believes in a collaborative work environment with a family-like environment. We believe in empowering staff members to bring their best without any workspace drama or negativity.
- The city of Fishers is a vibrant town with a lot of excitement around for the entire family and is one of the safest and best places to live in North Carolina
- Experience working in a Small Animal Hospital as a veterinary technician.
- Experience performing para veterinary duties per clinician's orders.
- Experience administering medication and fluids orally, SQ injection, IM injection, IV injection and placing IV catheters on critical patients.
- Experience using medical terminology and disease processes in small animals.
- Experience with cystocentesis with canine and feline patients.
- Knowledge of standard dietary requirements for cats and dogs, and appropriate feeding methods.
- Knowledge of basic math necessary to calculate prescription dosages.
- Current North Carolina Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) license.
- Oral & written communication skills to understand, and interpersonal skills to work with a diverse group of people to include clients, clinicians, and staff.
- Experience catheterizing blood vessels and urinary tract.
- Experience collecting blood, urine, bodily fluids, etc. and performing laboratory tests.
- Experience performing a wide variety of treatments, monitoring, and diagnostic protocols.
- Experience in aseptic nursing and sterile techniques.
- Experience in emergency critical care medicine.
- Assist Veterinarians where needed – always be available and willing to assist Doctors and co-workers in any area you are needed.
- Proper restraint and handling of patients – knowledge in safe yet effective restraint of any patients seen at Best Care Animal Hospital both critical and non-critical.
- Giving injections – able to give all types of injections in accordance with government regulations and doctor’s orders.
- Perform appropriate veterinary nursing procedures – be able to perform procedures, such as ear flushing and cleaning, free catch and sterile urine collection and fecal collection, nail trims, and anal gland expressions, among others.
- Efficiently draw blood on patients and place IV catheters – Be able to quickly and efficiently draw blood and place both IV and urinary catheters. Realize when assistance from another tech is necessary and always ask for assistance – use the 3 try rule.
- Run in-house lab work – be competent in the utilization of in-house lab equipment. Give results to the appropriate doctor and record results in the patient’s record.
- Prepare and send out outside lab tests – know to what lab each individual test would be sent. Be able to prepare and send out the samples, make notations in the record, and keep logs up to date. Advise doctors and log results as they are received. Make sure a copy of the lab results is in the record in an electronic format.
- Maintain necessary logs as required – know what logs are kept in the hospital and make sure that all logs are up to date and all necessary procedures or substances are entered.
- Perform or assist with dentals – have the ability to perform dental scaling and polishing and be able to assist DVM with the induction of anesthesia. Be competent in equipment set up, patient preparation and care during the procedure, and equipment cleaning. Make sure that all doctor’s observations and recommendations are logged in the record.
- Take radiographs – the knowledge and ability to take radiographs per doctor’s directions. As always, make sure you are wearing all necessary protective gear. Make sure notations are made in the patient’s record.
- Surgical preparation – complete knowledge in sterilizing and preparing the surgical suite prior to each surgery. Knowledge of surgery patient preparation. Be able to assist the Doctor in catheter placement, tranquilization, anesthesia, site prep, site sterilization, and any other necessary pre-op procedure.
- Knowledge of surgical equipment and ability to assist the doctor during surgeries – have complete knowledge of any equipment and tools used during surgery. Must be able to assist the veterinarian during surgery and monitor the patient during and after completion surgery
- Care of hospitalized pets – this is to include monitoring patients and knowing when to advise doctors of any changes in condition. Walking, feeding, cleaning, and medicating non-critical patients. Ability of monitoring and caring for critical patients under the direction of a Doctor.
- Counsel clients on care – able to communicate with clients regarding home care, post-operative care, etc. Nothing can be left out when discussing home care with clients. Record all instructions completely in the record. Always be sure the client has a handout to take home and a contact person for any questions.
If you think this is something you are looking for, please contact us. We look forward to taking care of you and your career. We look forward to you welcoming to our growing family at Best Care Animal Hospital in Matthews, North Carolina